Fistula means a small tunnel that occurs or develops between the skin near the anus and bowel (where poop leaves the body). In simple terms, they are just the result of an infection near the skin of the anus causing a collection of pus in the surrounding tissue. Most of the time it is the result of the infection in a gland that spreads to the skin whose symptoms involve swelling, pain, blood discharge, or pus from the anus.
A fistula is a small connection that develops between the skin near the anus and the bowel (where poop leaves the body). It results due to inflammation in intestine or blocking of anal glands due to infection. The inflammtion of intestine or Crohn diseases occurs because of immune responses of the body to help eliminate an infection.
Fistula may form between:
1. Artery and Vein
2. Cervix and vagina
3. Bowel and vagina
4. Stomach and skin surface
5. Colon and body surface
Type of fistulas that develops between the skin around the anal opening and the anal canal.
Type of fistulas that occur between various regions of urinary tract like urinary bladder and urethera.
Complete examination of rectum is done for accurate diagnosis of fistula. To diagnose the anal fistula, the fistula tract or opening is checked for the direction and depth. In case of fistulas that are not evident from skin surface needs additional tests.
MRI scan is one of the best imaging method to assess patients with anal fistula. It helps in getting the better view of entire anal area and also the fistula tract.
An imaging test that accurately gives the high resolution images of anatomy of fistulas.
An X-ray to detect fistula is called fistulography. The procedure help in identifying tunnel of anal fistula. The fistula examination is done under anesthesia.
Unfortunately, there is no medication for treating or curing a fistula, but surgery seems to be most effective way of treating fistulas. You may not need to go to the hospital for the surgery as this is a very normal surgery that can be done at a clinic too.
1. This is a very simple surgery, if the fistula isn’t close to the anus, then at this point your doctor will cut the muscle or skin near the anus which helps in allowing it to heal from the inside and near the anus.
2. Plug can be used by the doctors for closing the fistula.
3. In case of a rare or severe fistula, your doctor may put a tube (Setan) at the end or opening of the anus which helps in draining the pus or fluid which is infectious before starting the surgery.
Complications may involve a fistula when it recurs after the treatment or when the patient is unable to control bowel movements. This mostly happens if muscles around the anal opening which is known as the sphincter are removed.
Different types of fistulas may lead to several complications like:
If fistula is left untreated, it may cause lot of discomfort and serious health condition like bacterial infection that eventually leads to sepsis. Sepsis is a condition that results in low blood pressure and even organ failure.
Large fistulas allow increased blood flow to the heart as conpared to the normal blood vessels, thus increasing risk of heart failures. Furthermore, blood clots in legs due to fistula may cause serious health conditions like DVT (Deep vein thrombosis).
In India, the cost of fistula treatment ranges between ₹50,000 to ₹65,000. The cost is variable depending on the types of surgery, hospital facilities, and city opted for the surgery.
Fistula treatment is mainly covered under health insurance. Most of the time, the insurer will cover a particular amount for surgical treatment of fistula. However, the amount to be covered under insurance depends on the type of policy.
It is important to know that medical treatment for fistula will not be covered under the insurance policy, it will only cover the cost or expenses of the surgical treatment, but to claim this, you will have to be hospitalized for 24 hours.
A fistula is a tunnel-like passageway between two organs or between an organ and the outside of the body. In some cases, these fistulas can be painful and require immediate treatment. Treatment options vary depending on the type of fistula and the severity of the condition. This article will look at the various types of […]
Anal Fistula Surgery Cost in Hindi – फिस्टुला सर्जरी की लागत प्रत्येक व्यक्ति को निर्णय लेने, योजना बनाने और उसके अनुसार अपने सर्जिकल के साथ-साथ अन्य चिकित्सा खर्चों के लिए बचत करने में मदद करती है। एनल फिस्टुला सर्जरी के खर्च की तलाश कर रहे हैं? यहां, रोगी जिस शहर में रहता है, उसके अनुसार फिस्टुला […]
An anorectal abscess is said to be a rare case, found in 1 out of a million population. but, that should not stop us from being informed about it. The following blog is a quick look at the condition causing the issues and a discussion on possible treatments to look forward to. Anorectal abscess Meaning […]
Fistula is the abnormal connection between any two parts of the body. They may occur as a result of surgery or injury. Also, infections and inflammation lead to fistula formation. There are various types of fistulas. Most often, a fistula is treated by a repair procedure called fistulotomy. There are various measures you can take to cure anal fistula. Foods to be taken to manage anal fistula include High Fiber Food · Natural Products · Onion and Garlic Soup · Smoothies and Water. Furthermore, knowing Best Home Remedies For Fistula is important to help speed up the healing process and prevent infection.
1. Specialists perform fistula medical procedures when the patient is under broad sedation and can’t feel any pain.
2. The specialist makes a cut to gain admittance to the Fistula and scour out its substance. The unusual hole between the two organs gets open up during the method. The cycle is called fistulotomy. Presently the specialist shuts the entry point with an activity string, and the cut recovers naturally with time. Fistulotomy is extremely compelling for the Fistula just when the Fistula is little. Assuming the Fistula has spread into sphincter muscles, the seton procedure works all things considered.
3. The Seton strategy includes leaving a careful string inside the Fistula for a couple of months to empty out the discharge. The reason for the seton strategy is to mend Fistula and keep sphincter muscles in one piece. The other method for Fistula, where the specialists take out Fistula and cover the inward cut with the tissue which comes from the patient’s rectum, this interaction is known as a fold methodology to address Fistula.
Anal Fistula surgery cost in Delhi : Delhi has gained incredible headway in instilling present day methods and cutting-edge offices in the Hospitals. The Fistula treatment cost in Delhi is very reasonable. You can opt for Cashless Treatment for Anal Fistula at Glamyo Health. Planning to get anal fistula removed? Hear a few Glamyo Health patient reviews to get more insights on the condition and its minimally invasive surgical procedure.