Spider Veins/Varicose Veins
Varicose veins or spider veins are purple swollen lines spread across the thighs. They appear like tree branches or a spider web.
Causes of Spider/varicose veins
- 1. Weak or damaged valves in the blood vessels
- 2. Aging
- 3. Excess weight
- 4. Tight and restrictive clothing
- 5. Standing for long periods
Symptoms of Spider/varicose veins
- 1. Swollen/bulged veins
- 2. Itching & pain in legs
- 3. Ulcers & skin discoloration
People who are more likely to get Spider/varicose veins
- 1. Aged
- 2. Females
- 3. People with family history of varicose veins
- 4. People who stand or sit for longer periods
- 5. Women who wear tight pants
- 6. People with excess weight
Read Also : Varicose Veins Stages
Complications of Spider/varicose vein
- 1. Deep vein thrombosis
- 2. Inflammation of veins in the legs
Diagnosing Spider/varicose veins- Doppler Ultrasound
Treatment of Spider/varicose veins
- 1. Support stockings
- 2. Sclerotherapy
- 3. Laser Therapy
Compression stockings help improve blood circulation in legs by exerting more pressure on feet and ankles.
Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution into the vein to make it collapse and fade away. It is the treatment option for spider veins.
Images Before & After
Laser Therapy (Images Before & After)
Laser therapy involves highly focused laser beam that shrinks and closes the varicose vein, eventually sealing off the vein.