Table of Contents
Gynecomastia Laser Surgery Scarring ?
Is Gynecomastia Surgery Worth the Scar?
Gynecomastia is a problem that is found in men which causes Male breast tissue to swell due to reduced male hormones (testosterone) or increased female hormones (oestrogen) . This condition is very common and affects an estimated 40 to 60 percent of the male population. It may affect only one breast or both. the doctor may advise surgery to treat gynecomastia.
Goal of Gynecomastia-
The goal of gynecomastia surgery is to improve the contour of the chest in men. This may involve:
1. liposuctioning excess fat
2. excising glandular breast tissue
3. removing excess skin
Some men have all three problems, some just one or two. From a scarring perspective, the shortest scar will be from removing excess fat because the incision just needs to be long enough to allow a Liposuction cannula under the skin- so about 4mm wide (this is the size of a staple for your non-metric people). The longest scar will be from removing excess skin. Any surgical treatment to correct gynecomastia will require incisions. While most incision lines are concealed within natural contours.
Also Read – Remedies to Treat Gynecomastia
What Effects Scarring?
Gynecomastia surgery scars are subject to the same factors that affect any scar. Some of them are:
1. How the wound is created:
A clean surgical wound is always going to heal best. Compare that to a dirty crush injury (one example I can think of is taking a spill on your motorcycle and having your leg slide along the pavement with the bike on top. Ouch.) In the second example not only is there dirt and bacteria in the wound, but the tissue is traumatized. This all leads to a worse scar.
2. How the wound is closed:
Plastic surgeons are wound care experts .there are a lot of technical factors involved, including the type of suture used, how exactly the suture is put in, and even the orientation of the original incision.
Some people tend to form bad scars. Fighting genetics is tough, so if you scar badly, gynecomastia surgery scars are no exception.
Common complications include bruising, bleeding, fluid collections, contour irregularities, loss of nipple skin, visible scarring, numbness of the nipples, inverted nipples, loose breast skin and asymmetries.
How Can Gynecomastia Scar be Reduced ?
No matter how flawlessly a gynecomastia surgery is performed, it is impossible to avoid some scarring around the areola (for the excision method) or at the liposuction site.
Here are some methods to reduce the appearance of scars caused by surgery:
1. Proper hygiene: With male breast reduction, it is important to keep out unwanted germs and debris to prevent infection. This may include keeping the area moisturized to avoid dry skin from suffering redness or discoloration.
2. Sun protection: The application of sunscreen to a scar area after it has healed will produce redness and brown discoloration, allowing the scar to fade faster. Be sure to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection frequency of 30 or higher, and reapply it often.
3. Prescription medications: surgeon might prescribe some appointments, supplements, and skin-care medicines to expedite the healing process.
4. Silicone sheets or scar gels: Silicone sheets match the pigment of the skin and hold healing properties that make them an optimal choice for those looking to reduce the appearance. Scar gels are typically applied daily to reduce the pigmentation and size of scars.
5 Fractionated lasers: Once your scars are fully healed, laser treatments may be a suitable choice. If recommended, laser technology may remove scars using microscopic lasers that target the upper and middle layers of the skin. This technique can result in the lessening or removal of deep scars. Multiple sessions may be needed over a period of time to achieve the desired results Laser surgery is considered to be the most effective and painless procedure .
The Advantages of Laser Surgery:
1. Dry field of surgery, because laser energy seals small blood vessels.
2. Less postoperative pain, because of the sealing of nerve ends.
3. No contact with mechanical instruments, so sterilization is built in.
4. Clear field of view, because no mechanical instrument blocks it.
At Glamyo Health we offer the best laser and advanced treatment and assist the Patient not only during the Surgery but also after the Surgery to avoid any further complications. Our medical experts are always at Patient service, taking care of them in the best possible way and providing them all the immediate assistance.
One who is associated with Glamyo health deserves all the benefits before and after the Surgery . some of them are-
Most Advanced Laser Treatment
Best Doctors in India
Free Pick & Drop Service
Free follow-ups post-surgery
No EMI COST
Zero Cost EMI Available
All the Paperwork handled by Glamyo team
For more info or any other concern talk to our medical expert
Also Read – Are there Home Remedies to Treat Gynecomastia?