Pantoprazole Injection Uses – Do you have problems with an excess amount of acid in your stomach? There is no need to be concerned because we have a solution! Pantoprazole injection may be the cure. It is a prescription medicine that treats gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other diseases. It is accessible as a generic drug and is typically reasonably priced. The injection is used as a preventative measure to avoid GERD symptoms. It is also used to treat symptoms of GERD, such as heartburn, reflux, and discomfort. Pantoprazole injection comes in various doses and can be administered rectally, vaginally, or intramuscularly. Here is some further information regarding this drug. Let’s have a look.
Pantoprazole injection is a treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It works by reducing the quantity of acid generated by the stomach. Pantoprazole is used to treat erosive esophagitis in adults and children over the age of five. It is often administered for up to 8 weeks at a time as your esophagus recovers. Furthermore, it is utilized to lower the risk of duodenal ulcers and discomfort from other GERD-related reasons.
Pantoprazole injection is used to treat heartburn, regurgitation, and vomiting. The doses differ based on the individual’s weight and health condition. The advantages of administering pantoprazole injection include symptom reduction and improved quality of life.
Pantoprazole Injection Uses/ Benefits
Pantoprazole injection is also used to treat travel sickness and gastric reflux disease (GERD). Pantoprazole injection has the following benefits/ uses:
- 1. Reduces the amount of acid generated in the stomach, which aids in the relief of symptoms, including heartburn and stomachache.
- 2. Lower stomach pain and inflammatory symptoms.
- 3. As an anti-emetic, it is used to treat motion sickness and GERD.
- 4. It is less difficult to take than other drugs for these disorders.
- 5. Provides relief from problems including heartburn, nausea, and vomiting.
- 6. Gastric ulcer prevention
Pantoprazole injection is generally safe and well tolerated by patients. However, it has potential negative effects, which should be addressed with your doctor before starting therapy.
Why is Pantoprazole Injection prescribed?
Pantoprazole injection is a short-term therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in persons who suffer from esophageal injury and cannot consume pantoprazole orally. It is also utilized to treat Zollinger-Ellison’s illness, a disorder in which the stomach generates excessive acid. Pantoprazole belongs to a family of drugs known as proton-pump inhibitors. It reduces the quantity of acid produced in the stomach.
Side Effects of Pantoprazole Injection
If you develop symptoms of an allergic response to pantoprazole injection, consider medical attention right away. Some side effects can occur. So, inform the doctor if you find any of the below-mentioned symptoms:
- 1. Stomach ache
- 2. Bloody or watery diarrhea
- 3. Vomiting
- 4. Joint pain
- 5. Headache
- 6. Dizziness
- 7. Bruising or swelling at the area of intravenous pantoprazole injection
- 8. kidney issues
- 9. Magnesium deficiency
- 10. Worsening lupus symptoms
Pantoprazole Injection Price in India
Pantoprazole injection comes in various brands and formats, including oral tablets and injectable solutions. The price of pantoprazole injection varies based on the brand, dose, and purchase location. In India, the cost of pantoprazole injectable begins at Rs. 45. The MRP for this drug, on the other hand, is Rs. 55.36.
How does pantoprazole injection work?
Pantoprazole injection is a medication that treats certain stomach and esophageal issues (like acid reflux). It reduces the amount of acid the stomach produces. This drug helps with symptoms like swallowing difficulties, heartburn, and a chronic cough. It aids in the healing of acid harm to the esophagus and stomach, preventing ulcers and esophageal cancer.
Pantoprazole Injection Composition
Pantoprazole Injection contains pantoprazole, which inhibits an enzyme that promotes acid formation in the stomach. This results in less irritation and problem that comes with ulcers. It is a generic medicine that may be acquired without a prescription from pharmacies worldwide. It is critical to carefully follow the directions when taking this medicine to attain the best outcomes.
Dosage of Pantoprazole Injection
Pantoprazole injection comes in various doses, the most frequent of which is 150 mg each dose. It is often used twice a day, 30 minutes before meals. Depending on the severity of the problem, the dose of pantoprazole injection ranges from 40 mg to 120 mg each day. You can, however, take it as needed if you have indigestion or heartburn symptoms.
- 1. Pantoprazole is not intended to provide fast relief from heartburn problems. Heartburn is frequently misdiagnosed as the initial signs of a heart attack. Get emergency medical treatment if you experience chest discomfort or a heavy sensation, pain extending to your nausea, shoulder or arm, sweating, or a general sick feeling.
- 2. Long-term pantoprazole medication could also make it difficult for the body to digest vitamin B-12, causing a deficiency. If you require long-term pantoprazole medication and are concerned about vitamin B-12 insufficiency, consult your doctor.
- 3. Pantoprazole has been linked to renal issues. Contact your physician if you are peeing less frequently than normal or if you notice urine with blood in it.
- 4. If you develop watery or bloody diarrhea, contact your doctor.
- 5. Pantoprazole may produce new or worsened lupus symptoms. Contact your physician if you develop joint discomfort and skin disease in the sunlight on the face or arms.
- 6. You could be more prone to break a bone if you take this medication for an extended period or more than once a day.
When to use pantoprazole injection?
- 1. Pantoprazole injection treats gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other diseases.
- 2. It is a medication that treats gastrointestinal issues such as gastritis and peptic ulcers. It is also used to minimize the frequency of heartburn attacks.
- 3. This injection can treat GERD symptoms such as heartburn, acid reflux, and regurgitation. It is also used to prevent the progression of Barrett’s esophagus to cancer.
When not to use pantoprazole injection?
Pantoprazole injection should not be administered to anyone who is allergic to it or any of its constituents. It is also not advised for children under 18 or for persons taking other drugs that have been shown to interact with pantoprazole. Furthermore, it should be avoided if you are pregnant or nursing, as it might affect the infant.
Now you have all the information regarding the Pantoprazole Injection. It is an effective treatment for the symptoms of heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). However, this medication might produce sleepiness and sedation if used in high enough amounts or with alcohol. As a result, you should visit your doctor before using this medication regularly. Still, have questions about your medication? Inquire with your doctor for further information on how Pantoprazole works and which symptoms it can alleviate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you give pantoprazole 40 mg injection?
Pantoprazole injection is available as a powder that must be combined with liquid before being administered intravenously by a nurse or physician at a medical institution. It is generally given daily to cure GERD for seven to ten days.
Where is Pantop injection given?
Pantoprazole injection is administered through vein injection under the guidance of a physician. The duration and amount of medication are determined by the health condition and reaction to treatment.
Can pantoprazole be given IV?
Yes, a nurse or a doctor will administer Pantoprazole injection intravenously (IV) in a healthcare facility.
Is pantoprazole injection safe?
Yes, pantoprazole injection is a safe medicine for GERD treatment. However, using pantoprazole for over a year may raise your chances of experiencing some adverse effects.
Can pantoprazole injection be given IM?
Pantoprazole injection is not administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously. It is only for intravenous (IV) usage.
When can you start taking pantoprazole tablets?
Pantoprazole tablets should be taken soon before breakfast.
Can I use antacids in addition to Pantoprazole Injection?
Antacids can be taken together with Pantoprazole Injection. Take it two hours either before or following the injection.
How quickly does Pantoprazole Injection require to work?
You must start feeling better after 2 or 3 days of using this medication. Pantoprazole Injection might take approximately four weeks to operate fully. Therefore you could still experience some discomfort during this period.
Is Pantoprazole Injection associated with weight gain?
Although it is uncommon, long-term Pantoprazole Injection medication may contribute to weight gain. The explanation might be that the respite from GERD symptoms causes you to consume more food. If you have any weight-related concerns, visit your doctor.