Male Breast Treatment – Gynecomastia is not hazardous to health and may resolve by itself in between 6 months to 2-3 years. If there is any underlying condition found, then it needs treatment. If this happens due to any medication, then try other drugs to cure them, and it can be a temporary situation if the medication is used for a short time.
This also helps in treating this.
- Breast reduction surgery– includes surgical removal of breast tissue and liposuction.
- Hormone therapy to block estrogen.
The patient’s symptoms, medical and substance history, and even family history will all be discussed with the doctor. The breast tissue will be physically examined, and it might also include the abdomen and genitals. Your doctor can advise against treating the issue if the hormone imbalance appears to be the root of the problem. A biopsy or blood test may be recommended by your doctor if the lump is very large, painful, or one-sided in order to exclude breast cancer.
Medicines for Treating Gynecomastia
- Tamoxifen is a medication that stops the body’s use of the female hormone estrogen. It is primarily used to treat breast cancer, but it can also help men who experience breast pain and signs of breast enlargement.
- Aromatase inhibitors are frequently used for post-menopausal patients with breast and ovarian cancer, but they may also be used to treat or prevent gynecomastia.
- In elderly men with low testosterone levels, gynecomastia can be treated with testosterone replacement therapy.
Who Can Get this Treatment Done?
Men or boys who are 18 years old may undergo this treatment, and in some conditions, the person can opt for this before 18 years.
What Are the After-Surgery Guidelines?
Take a properly balanced diet and exercise regularly. Obey all the advice of the doctor and do not drink alcohol or any drugs.
What is the cost of the gynecomastia treatment in India?
The cost of gynecomastia surgery will cost about 40,000 INR to 80,000 INR; however, it depends on the following factors.
- 1. Grade of gynecomastia – Grade consists of grade 1-puffy nipples, grade 2-puffy nipples +excess fat, grade 3-puffy nipples +excess fat and skin, and grade 4- looks like female breast.
- 3. The type technique and equipment have been used during the procedure.
Usually, liposuction costs between 50,000 INR to 2 50,000 INR, and surgical removal of breast glands costs 1 lac to 1.5 lacs.
Are the Results of Gynecomastia Permanent?
Yes, the results of the treatment are mostly permanent. You need to take care of yourself with your diet and exercise, and the results get uniform.
What is the recovery time of male breast removal?
- 1. If liposuction is done, then it takes less than one week to recover.
- 2. If there is the surgical removal of breast tissue, then it takes two to four weeks to recover.
What are the alternatives to the treatment?
There is also a non-surgical way to treat gynecomastia
- 1. Perform exercise daily
- 2. Weight loss
- 3. Limit your alcohol intake
- 4. Getting hormone treatments
- 5. Stop using steroids or any kind of drugs.
These are all effective to some extent, and doing these, strengthens the muscles and helps the body to lose excess fat from the body. Taking hormone treatments may help in the reduction of female hormones. Men who believe in this get the results they desire for.
If you are having this condition and looking for gynecomastia surgery, then you must consult with Glamyo Health. We have an expert surgeon that can help you get expert guidance. We also provide no-cost EMI, personalized care, and free-pick up and drop services if you are not able to reach the hospital. Furthermore, we also provide our patients with a care buddy who we are there with you during your surgery to ensure the well-going of the surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best way to treat gynecomastia?
Male breast reduction is the best way of treating this condition because of its benefits and effectiveness.
How to treat gynecomastia without surgery?
No, gynecomastia doesn’t need to be treated, but if it is a medical condition, then it may need to be treated through surgery.
How painful is the surgery?
Normally, you may feel some discomfort and little pain after undergoing surgery, which is very common to have.
Can male boobs return after the surgery?
Yes, there are chances that it may come back after surgery for male breast reduction.