Did you know you could get an Advanced Lasik Eye Surgery in Pune and enjoy a clear vision for the rest of your life? If you’re anybody that rely on glasses or contact lenses in order to see clearly then you’re not alone. There are a lot of people like you that spend a lot of time, money and effort to get a doctor’s prescription for their glasses, get expensive contact lenses, eye drops, solutions, medications, home remedies, ayurvedic and homoeopathic cures just to achieve that 20/20 vision.
But with the technological advancements in the field of optical surgeries, you can now opt for advanced Lasik surgery.
Patients who are interested in Lasik eye surgery consider its safety, effectiveness, and cost. There are likely to be many opinions on Lasik eye surgery if you’ve read a lot of articles, writings and online resources about it. This surgery is highly recommended by eye doctors and patients who have had success with it.
Also Read: Lasik Eye Surgery in Delhi
What is Lasik Surgery?
Lasik that stands for Laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses is a type of surgery that aims to correct the refractive errors of the eye to improve a person’s vision so they can see clearly.
The cornea is the transparent part of the eye that covers the outermost layer and acts as a protective covering of the pupil. Changes in the shape of some people’s corneas can cause vision problems like astigmatism, myopia or hypermetropia. Lasik eye surgery is a medical method that involves the reshaping of the cornea.
Laser eye surgery is aimed at improving the eyesight of a person by reshaping the cornea using precise laser technology. Nearsightedness and farsightedness are the common refracted errors improved by this surgery. The surgery is safe and patients are awake the entire time. It is also usually painless.
Who is an Unsuitable Candidate?
Lasik eye surgery is performed on people that fall under a certain category. Non-eligible candidates for laser eye surgery include those people who:
- 1. Have had changes in eye prescriptions in the last year
- 2. Are under medications that may cause vision changes
- 3. Are above 18 years of age
- 4. Have cataracts
- 5. Have thin corneas which are not fit for surgery
- 6. Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- 7. Have health conditions that hamper the healing process
- 8. Have diseases like diabetes, arthritis, glaucoma, etc.
Benefits of Laser Eye Surgery in Pune
The main advantage of laser eye surgery is that it eliminates the need for most people to wear corrective eyewear or contact lenses in order to see clearly. People may choose to have the Lasik surgery done for a variety of reasons, including:
- 1. being unable to wear lenses but choosing not to wear spectacles, possibly for appearance purposes
- 2. seeking to participate in activities that require a person to not wear glasses or contact lenses, such as swimming, rafting, surfing, boxing, football, rugby or other sports.
- 3. Enjoying the comfort of not having to wear corrective eyeglasses
How is the surgery performed?
- 1. Before the surgery, the patient will be given anaesthesia in the form of eye drops.
- 2. To keep the eyelids open and the eyeball stable, the surgeon will use a lid speculum, a medical device.
- 3. A laser device will carve a hinged flap using microtechnology, which then is lifted open for surgery.
- 4. To keep the eyes stable and motionless, the patient will have to stare at a tiny light while the laser works.
- 5. Then the laser will reshape the surface of the cornea.
- 6. After the reshaping has been done, the surgeon will reposition the flap, use a natural medical adhesive and attach a protective shield for the eyes.
What is the Recovery Process?
LASIK outcomes are intended to be permanent after a 3-month stabilisation time for the eye to adjust to the new vision.
Although you won’t be able to drive after LASIK surgery, most ophthalmologists estimate that patients can resume their typical routine as soon as the next day, unless they work in an exceptionally unclean or dusty environment. Imagine having a near-perfect vision in a matter of hours.
After the surgery has been performed the patient needs to protect their eyes from overexposed light, direct sunlight & avoid watching tv or working on a phone or laptop for a long time. The doctor will advise the patients to follow the necessary post-surgical precaution and the recovery time will depend on how well the patients follow them.
Cost of Lasik Eye Surgery in Pune
The Lasik surgery in Pune starts around Rs. 40,000. Since the surgery is done on an individual basis the medical cost may vary from one patient to the next. Some other reasons that may affect the costing of Lasik surgery include:
- 1. Fee for doctor’s consultation
- 2. The seriousness of the eye problem
- 3. Underlying health conditions
- 4.Treatment strategy
- 5. The surgical procedure being chosen
- 6. Pre and post-surgical tests
Glamyo health offers a team of 200+ highly qualified ophthalmologists that are experienced in the field of optical surgeries and are equipped with the latest technology. The surgeries are performed with great care and precision. Most skilled surgeons opt for Lasik surgery as it is almost painless, bladeless, stitch-free, cut free, no blood loss, cost-effective, minimally invasive, has a quick procedure and a speedy recovery time.
We also provide our patients zero cost EMI options, all insurance coverage, free cab pick and drop service, covid 19 safe procedures, free follow-ups and 24*7 medical assistance.
Book an appointment with Glamyo Health now to get a sharper vision with a hassle-free surgical journey and an affordable & advanced Lasik Eye Surgery in Pune.
Also Read: Lasik Eye Surgery in Mumbai