Have you been tired of wearing contact lenses and power glasses all the time in order to see? Worry not, with innovative technology, you can get an advanced Lasik Eye Surgery in Delhi to achieve that clear vision.
What is Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik stands for Laser-assisted Situ Keratomileusis. Lasik eye surgery is considered one of the best methods for the correction of refractive errors. It is most commonly used to treat nearsightedness (Myopia), Farsightedness (Hyperopia) and astigmatism.
Since the surgery is performed using computer-controlled equipment, it is accurate, effective and safe.
Also Read: Lasik Surgery Patient Reviews
Who is a Suitable Candidate for LASIK?
In order to undergo the Lasik eye surgery, it is necessary to determine if you fall under the following criteria:
- 1. Myopia between 1-12 diopter
- 2. Hypermetropia up to 6 dipoter
- 3. Astigmatism up to 6 dipoter
- 4. Minimum age:18-21
- 5. Refraction stable for last 1-2 years
Candidate Unsuitable for Lasik:
- 1. Presence of Keratoconus
- 2. Pregnant or breastfeeding
- 3. Diabetic, arthritis, lupus, glaucoma patient
- 4. Thin corneas
- 5. Corneal inflammatory disease
- 6. Herpetic keratitis
- 7. Autoimmune disease
What are the Steps Involved in LASIK?
The following is a common step-by-step approach towards achieving a clear vision with LASIK eye surgery:
- 1. Before beginning the procedure the patient will be given local anaesthesia as eye drops to prepare them for the surgery.
- 2. After the anaesthesia, the face of the patient is covered leaving only the targetted eye exposed.
- 3. The eyeball is then stabilized by placing a vacuum ring around the cornea.
- 4. Then, using specialised equipment known as a microkeratome, a thin hinged flap is formed on the surface of the cornea
- 5. Following that, a LASIK laser is used to precisely reshape the cornea to improve vision as a computer tracks and monitors your eye.
- 6. After reshaping the cornea, the flap will be reinstalled on the surface of the cornea.
What are the Precautions?
Following are some post-surgical procedures a patient should follow to get the desired results with a quick recovery time:
- 1. Avoid rubbing the eyes
- 2. Use UV protective sunglasses to avoid bright sun, wind, dust and pollution
- 3. Reduce screen time of watching TV, working on phone or computer
- 4. Avoid swimming or contact with water on the eyes for a month
- 5. Use medicines or eye drops as advised by the doctor
- 6. Consult your eye surgeon in case any issue arises
Owing to the simplicity of the procedure, the recovery time is pretty fast. With an outpatient procedure and a quick surgery, the patient can resume back to their normal activities as early as 24 to 48 hours of the surgery. The recovery time may also vary from one person to another depending on how well a patient followed the post-surgical precautions.
What is the Cost of LASIK Surgery?
The advanced Lasik eye surgery in Delhi costs Rs 40,000 onwards. The cost may differ from one patient to another as the surgery is performed in a personalised manner. Following are some factors that may influence the cost of surgery:
- 1. Doctor’s consultation fee
- 2. The severity of the eye case
- 3. Underlying health conditions
- 4. Treatment plan
- 5. Type of surgery
- 6. Examination tests
- 7. Other
The Best LASIK Eye Surgery
Glamyo health offers the best LASIK eye surgery along with 50+ elective surgeries. We offer a highly qualified team of 200+ surgeons and staff that have experience of 21+ years in the field of eye surgeries and carry out the techniques with great care and attention. The procedures are performed using advanced laser technology with state of the art infrastructure to provide patients with an accurate and precise surgery.
The surgeries are minimally invasive, almost painless, stitch-free, bladeless, and cost-effective. Following a 15-20 minute procedure, the patients get discharged in a few hours.
The treatment plan is prepared by the experienced surgeons in a personalised manner keeping in mind your medical requirements.
All the procedures are performed following the necessary precaution and guidelines of COVID-19. The hospital premises are sanitised on a regular basis and all the equipment are disinfected and sterilised, because your safety is our number one priority.
The Health care consultants provide a free consultation to the patients and assist them throughout the surgical process from booking an appointment with the best and experienced surgeons, getting tests done, choosing the right surgery type, to discharge.
We also provide our patients with a free pick and drop cab service and free follow-ups. With Easy EMI options available and all insurance coverage, it is easier for the patients to opt for the surgery.
To restore clear vision and remove the burden of glasses and lens, the eye experts recommend you get LASIK surgery as soon as possible.
Book an appointment with Glamyo Health now to begin your journey towards a clear sight with advanced Lasik Surgery in Delhi.
Also Read: Lasik Eye Surgery in Mumbai