What is labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure for reducing the labia minora or the inner lips and altering their shape and colour. Labia are the protruding skinfolds beginning from the clitoris to the vaginal opening.
Guide before labioplasty surgery
Firstly, there is a consultation with the surgeon to undergo the surgical procedure for labiaplasty. There will be a discussion on the expectations after the procedure and the risks of the labiaplasty. There will be a necessary psychological exam or certain tests to assure that individual is fit to undergo labiaplasty.
Subsequently, the appointed surgeon will provide the surgery details about the incisions to be made and all the expected alterations in the size, colour or shape of the labia.
Certain presurgical tests like haematology tests, urine analysis and X-rays. The instructions will be given about the entire procedure and the related adjustment in certain medications.
Labiaplasty is cosmetic surgery, and the entire procedure can be accomplished within an hour.
After the arrival at the surgical location, health care buddies will take care of the entire documentation required. Body temperature, heart pulse, oxygen level, blood pressure, and breathing rate will be measured. An intravenous line is placed in the arm, and a urinary catheter in the urethra.
Next, the cleansing of labia and pubic skin are shaved. The surgical technique for labiaplasty is chosen according to the doctor’s recommendation and the condition of the labia for its resizing or reshaping or entirely neovagina construction. Appropriate anaesthesia is given depending on the surgical procedure. The labiaplasty surgical procedure usually requires either scalpel, scissors or the least invasive laser.
Guide after Labioplasty surgery
After the surgical procedure, the surgeon removes the urinary catheter (if placed), and the patient is alerted as the anaesthesia time wears off. Certain important precautions are taken, and it checks for bleeding or swelling. Before discharging the patient, the instructions for taking care of the wound and its healing procedure are given. The pain control medications and restrictions for certain activities are explained, and the patient is advised for the follow-ups.
Labiaplasty associated complications:
Sometimes labiaplasty may result in slight complications:
- 1. Increased chances of infection
- 2. Tissue scars
- 3. Slight bleeding in the specific region for a few days
- 4. Reduction in the sensitivity of the surrounding genital area
- 5. Unexpected and unsatisfactory cosmetic results
- 6. Swelling in the region
- 7. Pain
- 8. Breakdown of wounds
- 9. Bruises (Blood clots due to injurious tissue)
- 10. Slight discomfort
Recovery Time after labiaplasty
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that typically takes approximately two hours in Glamyo Health with minimally invasive laser procedure and proper guidelines for the patient concerned. Some more time may be taken in the surgical procedure aiming for gender-affirming.
How do I wash my labia area?
The Labia area must be washed with lukewarm water, and even a mild soap can be used just to run over the wound area of the labia. It is strictly advised not to rub the labia area. It is advised to dry the region gently by patting it with a clean and soft towel.
What leads to vaginal labia becoming oversized?
- 1. Labia become oversized due to certain hormonal fluctuations at the time of puberty.
- 2. Due to some medical conditions or accidents, which eventually cause changes in levels of hormones.
- 3. In some cases, people are born with an oversized labia, while it may develop over time in others.
- 4. In certain cases, individuals notice their labia growing after childbirth or pregnancy.
How long do results of rejuvenating procedure of labiaplasty last?
The results of labiaplasty after performing an appropriate reduction or rejuvenation surgery is a one-time procedure that is found to be long-lasting. There may be some reasons related to the development of complications and unsatisfactory results in the case of aesthetic and cosmetic procedures, and people need them again. In most cases the procedure is not required again. Enhancing labiaplasty that gets some kind of injections of fillers or fats or may require a final “touch-up” in some time.
What are the reasons for wanting a labiaplasty?
The reasons for wanting labiaplasty:
- 1. Labiaplasty may be opted for cosmetic, aesthetic, and functional benefits.
- 2. Most females undergo the labiaplasty surgical procedure to reduce the excessively enlarged labia that may twist or turn, leading to pain and even irritation.
- 3. Certain females undergo labiaplasty to restore youth fullness and their look after giving birth to a child or even as a result of ageing.
What to do if you have problems?
If a patient that has undergone labiaplasty observes the following issues or after effects, she should consult the doctor.
- 1. On Excessive swelling or worsening in the regional pain
- 2. Bleeding more than a particular period or presence of clumped or clotted blood.
- 3. Discoloured pus or discharge.
- 4. Severe pain in the region while urinating or pooping.
- 5. Severe Fever.
- 6. Opening of the wounds of the surgical site
All these conditions are abnormal or indicate some complication, or an individual may require certain mild medication. Hence, it is recommended the follow up with the doctor at regular intervals.
Why Choose Glamyo Health for Labiaplasty?
- 1. Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure opted for both medical as well as cosmetic reasons. Therefore, choosing a platform that gives highly advanced procedures beneficial in terms of cost and affordability as well as hassle-free services is highly important.
- 2. Glamyo Health is a platform that will allow the transformation of Vulva look with utmost care and satisfactory results.
- 3. There are almost no side – effects of the procedure with the advanced laser technology that Glamyo Health provides.
- 4. There will not be any Visible scars to compromise the looks of the rejuvenated Vagina.
- 5. The provision of maiden look or even a Barbie shape to outshow the introitus.
Benefits of undergoing vaginal rejuvenation or labiaplasty
- 1. The achievement of the desirably perfect shape of the Labia
- 2. Enhanced self Esteem & satisfaction with the Body Image
- 3. Boosted sexual pleasures and Gratification
- 4. Healthy Vagina in terms of looks as well as functioning
- 5. Desirably modified Vulva
- 6. Getting rid of dark pigmentation of labia
- 7. Perfect shape after altering low-hanging vaginal tissue
Frequently Asked Questions
Does labiaplasty make the Vagina tighter?
Labiaplasty, if performed to reduce the size and improve the shape of both labia minora and labia majora, may result in a tighter feeling after the surgical procedure. In certain cases, only the labia minora is required to be improved, then the surgeon tends to trim the portion of labial tissues that are excessive in size to make them tighter eventually.
How much does a labiaplasty cost?
The cost of the labiaplasty depends on the surgical procedure opted for or recommended by the doctors. It also depends on the city and health clinic chosen for labiaplasty. The cost normally ranges from 60,000 to 80,000 for 1-2 hour daycare proceedings.
Galmyo Health provides a large amount of relaxation in cost and EMI for the surgical procedure with highly qualified and experienced surgeons. For the hassle-free services of Glamyo Health that include;
- 1. Free pick and drop cab facility for the patient
- 2. Hassle free documentation by the health care buddies present pan India
- 3. Free consultations post surgery
- 4. No cost EMI
- 5. Health Insurance hassle handled by the Glamyo Health team
How long does labiaplasty take?
Labioplasty using the advanced laser surgical procedure requires 1- 2 hours at the clinic with local anaesthesia given to the patient or the recommended anaesthesia accoding to the requirements of the labioplasty.
How long do the results last?
The labiaplasty for reduction or rejuvenation is a one-time procedure that has long-lasting results. If enhancing labiaplasty leads to some injections of fillers or fats or may require a final “touch-up” in some time may be needed.
Complications and unsatisfactory results may happen, and then people need the surgery again. In most the cases, the procedure is not required again.
Is the surgery covered by insurance?
Labiaplasty surgery may be covered in certain medical conditions like enlargement after giving birth to a child or hormonal imbalances resulting in an excessive increment in labial size.
Consulting the primary doctor and plastic surgeon about medical records, treatment options, and relevant documentation for covering the insurance will allow labiaplasty costs to be covered under insurance. The Glamyo Health provides the entire handling of the insurance cost for the labiaplasty without any hassle for the documentation to be considered by the patient.
You May Also Like