Is Hair Transplant Safe – It is also known as hair restoration. If this surgery is done by qualified, experienced board-certified doctors, then hair transplantation is safe and permanent. It does not involve any chemicals or medicines that cause any harm to the hair or body and not any complicated procedures that will affect your life. It grows naturally, but every hair follicles have its lifespan, and it is the same for transplanted hair follicles also, so they may stop growing at some point in time.
Hair transplant treatment options
There are mainly two techniques that are used in restoring thick and natural-looking hair.
Follicular unit transplantation
It is a single-striped method where a long and thin piece of tissue needs to be removed using stereo-microscopic dissection from the back of the scalp. It takes only 10-12 days to heal and recover, as this is manageable in nature. It looks like natural hair because there is a thin, linear scar that is not visible and can be hidden by hair. If any patient wants maximum volume in their hair, then they opt for FUT. It gives better coverage and fullness to the scalp. Always prefer to have this surgery from board-certified doctors as they only give successful results.
Follicular Unit Extraction
It is a process where hair follicles are taken from the other part of the body and embedded into the thinner part of the scalp. Micropunches techniques used by surgeons to extract hair follicles and transplant them and leave no signs of it. It is an advanced technology, and the patient does not feel any discomfort and has a faster recovery. It is cost-friendly, or we can say it is affordable.
Side effects of hair transplant
Every treatment has its side effects, so hair transplantation has also like
- 1. Scarring
- 2. Infections
- 3. Pus around the surgical areas
- 4. Pain on the scalp, itchiness, and swelling
- 5. Bleeding
- 6. Losing sensation around surgical sites
- 7. No results after treatment, thinner part of the scalp is visible
- 8. Inflammation of hair follicles
Which treatment is best for hair transplant
FUE is considered the best treatment for hair transplantation because it is an advanced technology used extracted hair from other parts of the body and move it to the thinner part of the scalp. It is pain-free, and no scars will be visible as compared to FUT. It does not cause any discomfort to the patient and has a faster recovery rate. In this procedure, there is no hospitalisation as it is a one-day treatment, and it is done with technological sophistication. This is the most efficient and effective treatment for hair transplantation. It is the most preferred procedure and can last for a lifetime and ensure to maintain the health of hair.
Is a hair transplant painful?
Generally, there is no pain during the surgery, and the possibility of having pain is quite low.
FUE procedure is painless because it only extracts hair follicles from other parts of the body and embeds them into the scalp, but in FUT procedure is a strip method, a long, thin strip removed from the back of the scalp, so this treatment is a little bit more painful. Due to anaesthesia, the patient generally feels no pain, and in all surgical operations, anaesthesia is used for painless operations.
Hair transplant death rate
If you opt for an unqualified doctor or clinic for cheap surgery, then you may lose your life because they are not certified and have no relevant experience in this field. They are just here to ‘bait and switch the customers and practice this profession illegally. They are unlicensed, and performing this surgery can lead your life to death. This will indulge the patient’s life into enormous risk of complications. Patients have to give more attention and care in choosing their surgeons for performing this surgery, and it is more important to protect yourself from these unlicensed practitioners who risk your life just for their greed.
Hair transplant risks factors
The risk associated with the hair transplant is
- 1. Numbness
- 2. Hiccups
- 3. Keloid scarring
- 4. Cysts
- 5. Lost grafts
- 6. Due to anaesthesia, allergic reactions can be occur
- 7. Wound necrosis
- 8. Hematoma
- 9. Poor hair growth
- 10. Cobblestoning
- 11. Edema
- 12. Folliculitis
- 13. Effluvium
Risks factors that are associated with hair loss are
- 1. Family history
- 2. Age
- 3. Weight loss
- 4. Stress
- 5. Poor nutrition
Before a hair transplant
- 1. Stops smoking before surgery for at least 24 hours.
- 2. Stop drinking alcohol for 3 days before surgery.
- 3. Don’t take any haircuts. Let your hair grow more as it helps in concealing the scars or stitches.
- 4. Do scalp massage regularly before the surgery for a month, at least for 10 minutes.
- 5. Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory, anti-depressants pill, or multivitamin/ mineral supplements for two weeks before the surgery.
After hair transplant
- 1. Avoid driving.
- 2. Avoid dyeing your hair.
- 3. Drink plenty of water.
- 4. Try not to rub new hairlines with the pillow.
- 5. Avoid touching the scalp for at least 3 days.
- 6. Avoid direct sunlight.
- 7. Avoid heavy exercise and any kind of exertion.
- 8. Try not to sweat more by any kind of activity.
When to see a doctor
If you feel that you are losing more hair follicles every day, it makes your hair look thin, and scalp is visible, and you feel baldness around your hair. We may feel this type of condition when we comb or wash our hair, which is sudden or patchy hair loss. Dermatologists or experienced doctors may examine your hair’s health, ask questions, and look closely at the scalp, nails, etc. Then they recommend some tests and treatment to diagnose it.
Advantages of hair transplant
- 1. Due to fullness around the scalp, it eliminates baldness.
- 2. It gives you natural-looking hair.
- 3. It helps in improving your self-esteem and appearance.
- 4. After the surgery, it is easy to manage the new hair as it only requires low-maintenance hair care.
- 5. It is an affordable and pocket-friendly surgery and is more effective.
Disadvantages of hair transplant
- 1. It is a surgical procedure that threatens or causes a nightmare for the patient.
- 2. It requires a longer period to recover.
- 3. Results depend on the type of donor hair follicles.
- 4. You may feel tenderness on your scalp.
- 5. Infection and allergies can occur, and there is a high chance of getting them.
If you are looking for hair transplant surgery, then Glamyo Health is the right place for you. We focus on providing a hassle-free experience to our patients. We provide a personalized experience, no cost EMI or zero interest rate, advanced procedure, expert surgeons, free pick-up and drop facility, and post-surgery follow-ups. You easily connect with us easily through our website and can book your free consultation now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the risks of a hair transplant?
Infection, bleeding, itching, swelling over your scalp, bruising near your eyes, etc., are risks associated with hair transplant.
Is a hair transplant safe and permanent?
The hair transplant surgery shows visibly long-lasting results, and its outcome has been found to be permanent.
Is it good to have a hair transplant?
Hair transplant surgery is a good option for people having hair loss and hair thinning.
What is a good age to get a hair transplant?
Anyone above 18 can get hair transplantation, but it is advisable not to have this surgery before the age of 25 or more.
Who should not do a hair transplant?
Though hair transplant is a safe and simple procedure, people with severe diseases like heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, etc., are advised not to undergo this surgery.
You May Also Like