Table of Contents
Is your perception of beauty narrowed from years of social media dominance that glorifies unrealistic beauty standards difficult to obtain? Sometimes when a person has man breasts, they deal with negative body image issues. And when we are critical of our bodies it is more likely to affect our mental health causing self-consciousness, social anxiety, eating disorders, and even bullying from peers. Worry Not! You can find various methods of Gynecomastia treatment without surgery. While Gynecomastia is a condition that is physically visible, a person dealing with it can get psychological and emotional trauma. But you don’t have to let conditions like gynecomastia keep you from feeling comfortable in your body.
Also Read: Gynecomastia Patient Reviews
Gynecomastia is a disorder that causes breast enlargement, it commonly occurs in a male person at any phase of his life.
It develops excess breast tissues that lead to the swelling of the chest making it seem female-like. Though both males and females have breast tissues, they are not usually visible in a male person until they’re dealing with any condition like Gynecomastia that leads to the growth of excess fat.
People often get confused between types of Gynecomastia. While Pseudo Gynecomastia is caused by excess fat in the chest area, True gynecomastia on the other hand is the development of breast tissues, which is more severe.
There are many factors why this condition may affect and increase the possibility of Gynecomastia in a male person. It is usually caused by a hormonal imbalance in the body by an increase in the level of female hormones called Oestrogen to male hormones called testosterone.
Other common causes are obesity, use of anabolic steroids, side effects of medications and drugs, certain health conditions like liver failure, kidney failure, hyperthyroidism, poor diet intake, aging, etc.
Although there are many options available to treat Gynecomastia permanently by consulting a doctor through medication and surgery, you can get rid of this problem on your own with various methods of Gynecomastia treatment without surgery so you don’t have to deal with a huge medical bill. Various Non-surgical approaches for male reduction are:
- 1. Healthy Diet Intake: Eating a healthy balanced diet ensures that your body is getting all the right nutrients required to increase the testosterone levels in the male body and lower your body fat. Cut out foods that are high in calories and add-on foods that are high in nutrients.
- 2. Hormone Treatments: Gynecomastia is generally caused by a hormonal imbalance in the male body with decreasing levels of testosterone (male hormone) and increasing levels of oestrogen (female hormone). Most people think oestrogen is exclusively a female hormone but little are they aware that men also produce it but in small quantities. When the oestrogen levels get cause imbalance it leads to swollen breast tissues and tenderness.
A person can opt for a testosterone replacement therapy in the form of injections, skin gels, or patches to boost the testosterone levels in the body to improve the appearance of breast enlargement.
- 3. Reducing Alcohol Intake: When consumed in large quantities occasionally, alcohol can lead to negative health effects like kidney or liver failure, beer belly, and also increase the risk of male breast development.
- 4. Treating Health conditions: Health conditions that cause a hormonal imbalance in the male body can potentially lead to the development of excess tissues in the breast area. Some of these conditions include Kidney failure, liver failure, malnutrition, Hyperthyroidism, tumors, etc. Therefore, doctors advise getting rid of these problems as soon as possible in order to avoid any future complications.
- 5. Reducing Drug and Medications: About 20% of cases of gynecomastia are caused by side effects of drugs and medications. Some drugs have estrogen-like properties or increase the female hormone production in the body leading to a hormonal imbalance and causing Gynecomastia.
- 6. Regular exercise: Picking exercises and workouts that are aimed at building the pectoral muscles on a regular basis can help you get rid of the excess fat in your chest. Here are some Gynecomastia exercises to get rid of man breasts-
- A. Swimming
- B. Walking and Running
- C. Bench Press
- D. Push-ups
- E. Rowing Machines
- F. Bent-forward Cable Crossover
- G. Skating
- H. Dancing
- I. Skipping
Along with exercises, small changes in your eating habits, and getting the right medication, taking proper care of your mental health can also help bring a massive change with a positive mindset.
The non-surgical methods can help you get rid of the excess fat in your chest area and treat Pseudo Gynecomastia. However, if you have true Gynecomastia you might need to consider the surgical options available to permanently get rid of the excess fat as well as tissues.
While all the nonsurgical treatments listed above may seem like they need a lot of effort and hard work, inculcating these slowly and steadily in your daily lives can help bring about a huge change in your body.
If you’re anybody who’s dealing with Gynecomastia, keep in mind to have patience with your body and consistently work on yourself for effective and desired results with Gynecomastia treatment without surgery.
Also Read: Gynecomastia Surgery in Mumbai